1. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Icon Employee

Cool ICON A5 - Europe!

Hi All,

My name is Jake Fenton & I work for ICON in Sales. Flying A5 in Europe has always been an obsession of mine. The past three summers I have been lucky enough to fly A5 in few countries. Today I have water landings in Greece, Montenegro, Croatia, and Italy under my belt. And to my knowledge, I was the first to take an A5 to the water in Croatia and Italy! Still, there is so much more to conquer!
    While legal regulations are slightly grey and not defined for LSA aircraft, an FAA Pilot Certificate with Seaplane rating normally solves for any discrepancies in regulations as you fly under FAA law. Most countries will accept A5 to fly in them, all you have to do is contact the appropriate personal within the aviation authorities beforehand. Many of whom I am connected directly with.
    Flying A5 in Europe is exquisite, very dramatic landscapes mixed with the mystique of flying in a place where no ICON pilot has gone before, creates an outer worldly experience, as if you're a cowboy discovering America for the first time. Not surprisingly, it also really puts you on an island (figuratively, but a good chance literally too), as most of the time you are doing so with little-no support if anything doesn't go according to plan. While that can be daunting, it also is pretty fun, like going for your first solo all over again. You have to be ready to think and act on the fly - no pun intended - and be creative.
    I would be really excited to share stories and provide assistance to anyone interested, in flying anything, but specifically an A5 out there!
    Please feel free to reach out to me at anytime via call or text: 8603043012 (+1 813 212 7711 on WhatsApp)

ALSO - I wanted to gauge interest on this:
    I had this idea while talking to an A5 owner while on my most recent ICON trip to Europe (Flying an A5 off the back of a custom built 47m explorer yacht that stored the A5 in the garage of the boat)...
    A shared-purchase by current A5 owners of an ICON A5 that is permanently kept in Europe. Location, Insurance Requirements, Time Allowed are a few of the many variables that can be discussed. I have no experience with organizing a shared ownership so I am sure there are more hurdles than I am aware. But the idea of having a European ICON Owner Sanctuary where you can have access to an A5 seems like a dream realized.
    If there is serious interest here please let me know as there is currently an A5 currently located in Greece that is going to be available for sale soon.
    - 2020, 796, under 150 hours. Really nice plane I have about 20 hours on this specific aircraft.

Looking forward to continuing to open up the doors to flying out there!

Jake Fenton