1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 23 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

ICON Aircraft Completes Sale of Company to SG Investment America

ICON Aircraft is pleased to announce the successful completion of its asset sale to SG Investment America. Substantially all assets of ICON Aircraft have been officially transferred, and the new company will continue to operate under the name ICON Aircraft.
    Outgoing CEO Jerry Meyer expressed his gratitude for his tenure at ICON Aircraft, stating, “It has been an incredible honor to lead ICON Aircraft and work with the brightest and most passionate group of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. I want to extend my deepest appreciation to every team member for their dedication and hard work. I wish them and the company nothing but success in this exciting new chapter.”
    Jason Huang, who joined the company in 2020 as President, will be leading the company through this transition period. He shared his enthusiasm for the future, saying, “I am thrilled to be guiding ICON Aircraft into its next phase of growth and development. Our focus will be on ensuring a smooth transition and capitalizing on new opportunities that will drive the company forward. The future holds great promise for ICON, and I am excited to see what we can achieve together.”
    ICON Aircraft remains committed to innovation and excellence in the aviation industry. The company looks forward to continuing its legacy of producing high-quality aircraft and providing exceptional service to A5 Owners. Service and Flight Training operations in Tampa, FL and Vacaville, CA will continue as will operations with the more than 60 ICON Service and Training Partners across the U.S.
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 23 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Story on Avweb….

ICON Aircraft Completes Sale To SG Investment America. ICON Aircraft has successfully completed its asset sale to SG Investment America, with nearly all assets transferred to the new entity, which will continue to operate as ICON Aircraft. The…

ICON Aircraft has successfully completed its asset sale to SG Investment America, with nearly all assets transferred to the new entity, which will continue to operate as ICON Aircraft.

The manufacturer filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy earlier this year, declaring $170 million in debt. In June, legal filings showed SG Investment bought Icon for $15.79 million.

In an Aug. 2 press release, outgoing CEO Jerry Meyer said, “It has been an incredible honor to lead ICON Aircraft and work with the brightest and most passionate group of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. I want to extend my deepest appreciation to every team member for their dedication and hard work. I wish them and the company nothing but success in this exciting new chapter.”

Jason Huang, the new president, will lead ICON through the transition and noted that he is optimistic about the company's growth and opportunities.

According to ICON, the company is committed to upholding its reputation of producing high-quality aircraft and service to its A5 owners. The manufacturer says service and flight training operations will continue in Tampa, Florida, and Vacaville, California, as well as 60 other service and training partners throughout the U.S.