1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 44 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

An other gift from Rotax

Hello All,

I was doing my 60lb Gross Weight STC today and Jimmy let me know that those that use more than 30% of LL100 will be looking forward to a gearbox replacement at 600 hours. 1,000 hours for us MoGas users. Another $4.500 gift from Rotax plus A&P labor. I had never heard of this. Thought I would pass along.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 10 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Original Post View Post
    Hello All,

I was doing my 60lb Gross Weight STC today and Jimmy let me know that those that use more than 30% of LL100 will be looking forward to a gearbox replacement at 600 hours. 1,000 hours for us MoGas users. Another $4.500 gift from Rotax plus A&P labor. I had never heard of this. Thought I would pass along.
    That was something that I thought was pretty readily available information, myself, plus of course the additional spark plug replacements if using >30% leaded avgas. I say available, and not disclosed, because I'm not sure that was overly highlighted by Icon, but I think it's pretty commonly available information in the industry about Rotax engines in general. Of course - I think - being part 91, that isn't compulsory, but is subject to actual condition/performance, but I may have that wrong because one of the things Icon I think has done badly here is put those kind of things into their requirements instead of keeping them as the regs are, subject to the actual situation on the actual engine. One of the fun things that LSA rules can bite you on vs. normal category part 91 planes.